The orange flavour in the pancakes is really nice and when you top it off with the syrup it is amazing! I cut up pieces of fresh orange to sprink over the top.
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground ginger
- A pinch of ground cloves
- A grating of fresh nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) melted butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients.
3. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just enough to incorporate – a few small lumps are okay.
4. Pour about 1/4 cup (60 ml) batter on a lightly greased griddle or skillet over moderate heat for each pancake.
5. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2 minutes, and turn to cook the other side until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more.
6. Serve with Orange syrup on top.