Even an eggplant hater will love this recipe!!
- 1 c Rice
- 1 md Eggplant
- 1/4c Oil
- 1 Tomato,diced
- 1 Green pepper,diced
- 1sm Onion,minced
- 1 Garlic clove,minced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 t Basil
- 2 T Butter
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, and scoop out the center from each half, leaving a 1/2″shell.
- Dice the eggplant meat.
- Place eggplant shells cut side down in a large skillet with about 1/2″ boiling, salted water.
- Cover and steam 3 minutes.
- Drain and reserve.
- Heat oil and cook diced eggplant, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender.
- Add cooked rice and seasonings, and stir to combine.
- Stuff mixture into the eggplant shells and dot with butter.
- Bake in a preheated, 350′F. oven about 35 minutes or until eggplant shells are tender.
- Makes two main dish servings.