Roti canai is a type of flatbread found in Malaysia. It is nearly identical to Indian paratha. The secret to serve a fluffy yet crispy bite roti canai is to place fried roti canai on a flat surface and with both hands give a soft clap
- 1 egg
- 1 cup warm water and 1 tsp salt mixed together
- 3 tbsps ghee or butter
- 600 gms all purpose flour
- Sugar to taste
- Mix together flour, water, sugar and egg. Knead until a soft dough is formed.
- Form into small balls and keep overnight.
- When you are ready to make the roti canai, spread the ghee on the balls and flatten.
- Heat an iron griddle and fry the rotis individually until cooked.
- Serve hot with a curry or dhall.