This dish is one of the most popular street snacks in Korea. It is very simple to make and tastes great when it’s hot. It goes best with Choganjang. You can also eat it with a touch of soy sauce or mayonnaise.
- 8 oz squid, skinned, cut into circles
- 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup water (4-5 tbsp more)
- 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Oil to deep fry
Choganjang (soy sauce and vinegar dipping sauce):
3 parts soy sauce + 1 part rice vinegar
- Prepare squid.
- Mix flour salt and baking powder.
- Add water, mix with a whisk quickly. (Don’t over do it!)
- Salt and pepper squid and dredge with flour.
- Then put into a batter.
- Fry until light gold color.
- Serve with Choganjang.