Probably lemon chicken is the only recipe name popular in many cultures but the dish itself is different for each culture. Here is an easy to make Italian version of the recipe.
- 4 Chicken leg quarters
- 2 Lemons or Limes
- 2 tsp. Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro (Coriander leaf)
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano leaves dried or fresh
- Oil for basting
- Preheat oven at 375 F degree (190C).
- Wash and pat dry chicken leg quarters.If you want you can cut it in two pieces.
- Cut thinly Oregano and Cilantro
- Mix Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper powders.
- Rub this mixture on both sides of Chicken.
- Rub with Oregano and Cilantro.
- Arrange in a baking tray, skin side up.
- Bake it for 45 minutes then apply oil or butter occasionally.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes depending upon the size of Chicken legs.
- It would turn golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with freshly baked bread.