There is nothing that tops a bowl of good homemade Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup with soup sticks and butter or garlic bread.
- 500 gms. brocolli chopped into florets
- 250 gms. cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp. dried crushed herbs (of your choice) optional
- 2 small sticks celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4-5 mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp. butter
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic and onion, stir fry till soft.
- Add 11/2 cups water, celery, brocolli and cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till potato is tender.Add herbs.
- Blend mixture till smooth. Add cornflour paste. Return to pan.
- Stir on high heat till it comes back to boil. Allow to boil till thickened.
- Add salt to taste, fresh ground pepper, milk and parsley.
- Reheat before serving.
- Serve hot with soup sticks and butter.