Doja bel bsal is a traditional Algerian omelet recipe of added with onions. An mouth watering break fast is ready in 10 minutes.
- 6 eggs
- 4 medium onions
- 150 ml (10 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint
- A pinch of fennel seed
- Salt and pepper
1. Peel the onions; slice thinly; cook slowly in the oil until lightly golden;
2. add the fennel and a pinch of salt; cover and let simmer over low heat for 45 minutes, checking occasionally and adding a little water if necessary;
3. in a large bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt; add the onions and the mint;
4. heat 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet; pour the mixture into the pan and let cook over medium heat without stirring; once the omelet is cooked on one side, turn it over using a large spatula or a plate;
5. cook on the other side; slide out onto a plate and serve hot.