Spanish tortilla a kind of omlette. Don’t confuse it with the mexican toritilla which is a kind of bread. Tortillas are best when cooked over moderate heat from start to finish.
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Large onion (chopped)
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 4 medium sized potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 6 Eggs (beaten)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes (diced) and gently cook until soft.
- Add the onion (chopped), the garlic, salt and pepper and continue to fry until all ingredients are soft, drain off excess oil.
- Beat eggs into a large bowl and add the onions and potatoes, stir together.
- Put fresh oil into large frying pan and add mixture, fry for 10 minutes on one side at a moderate heat, shaking pan often to prevent sticking.
- When one side is firm and cooked turn tortilla over by placing a large plate or saucepan lid over frying pan and flipping over quickly, slide tortilla back into pan to cook the other side, cook until tortilla is set all the way through.