This is one such a nice seafood in Chinese style with lots of garlic. You can serve this with Rice. Another version of same dish is very popular in Singapore.
- 2 large crabs
- 2 tablespoons Red chilli paste
- 14-16 cloves of chopped Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1½ cups fish or chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon MSG
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoonvVinegar
- 2 stalks spring onion greens, chopped
- 1 beaten egg
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep fry the whole crab along with the claws. Drain and set aside on absorbent paper.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in another wok. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add tomato ketchup, red chilli paste and stock. When the mixture comes to a boil, add salt and MSG.
- Dissolve cornflour in half a cup of water and add to the sauce. Add sugar and cook till it thickens slightly.
- Add vinegar to the sauce along with spring onion greens and mix. Add the egg in a thin trickle and cook till the egg strands rise to the top.
- Place the fried crab in a serving dish, pour the sauce over it and serve immediately.