Healthy recipe but my friends who tasted this complained that it is bit too sweet. For them, I suggest adding 1 tblsp of vinegar in the sauce to add some sourness.
4-6 salmon fillets, about 6 oz (170 g) each
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbs (30 ml) lemon juice
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) orange juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 scallion, white part only, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) honey
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) green peppercorns (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the garnish:
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 grapefruit, peeled
Sprinkle the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place skin side down in a lightly greased baking dish.
Drizzle with the lemon juice and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake in a preheated oven until firm, 8 to 10 minutes at 400F (200C)
Meanwhile boil the orange juice, ginger, and scallion in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup (60 ml).
Pour in the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
Cut sections from the orange, lime, and grapefruit into thin slices
Spoon the sauce over the salmon fillets and garnish with the citrus sections.