String hopper is the common breakfast in Srilanka. This dish goes well with string hoppers.
- 6 boiled eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 small Onion sliced
- 2-3 small hot green chilies sliced
- 1/2 cup medium chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black Mustard
- 1-2 inch Cinnamon
- 1 tsp red Chili powder
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk or fresh milk
Red Curry Powder
Crush 2 tsps Coriander seeds,1 tsp. Cummin and
1/4 tsp. Fennel to a fine powder and thoroughly mix them together.
- Remove shells from boiled eggs and deep fry until the eggs turn light brown.
- Drain the oil from the eggs.
- In a saucepan take all the other ingredients and add enough water to cover the contents half way.
- Heat the ingredients for a few minutes and then add the deep fried eggs.
- Simmer for few minutes longer.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for few minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve with string hopper or rice