French Toast is called Rabanda in Brazil. It is a traditional Christmas dish in Brazil. This is just another variation of the French toast.
- 20 slices french bread of 1 inch thickness
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- About 3 tablespoons oil for pan-frying
- Sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle, condensed milk or syrup to pour over fried bread
- It is best to buy the bread the previous, slice it and keep it overnight in an open container.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add egg yolks and beat again until thick.
- In a medium bowl, combine half can of condensed milk with the milk.
- Soak lightly each slice of bread with the dissolved condensed milk, drain the excess and coat the slice with eggs whites.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on paper towel to drain and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Serve warm.
VN:F [1.9.16_1159]Portuguese French Toast or Brazilian Rabanadas,