This is a Persian recipe more popular among Iranians. You can serve with Rice or Pilaf.
- 1 chicken, 1 kg
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, grated
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- Mix olive oil, grated onions, saffron, salt, black pepper and lime juice.
- Remove the skin, wash and cut chicken into small pieces
- Marinate overnight (or at least for 4 hours) in refrigerator.
- The container should be covered.
- Thread chicken and whole tomatoes alternatively on a long, thin metal skewers
- Brush with marinade. Grill for about 5-10 minutes on each side, turning frequently.