Kartoffelpuffer is a German potato pancake. It is a common street food in German.
This delicious recipe can be prepared in just 15 minutes. If you add pinch of ground pepper and nutmeg powder you will get a spicy version
- 2 lbs peeled and quartered potatoes
- 1 large quartered onion
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 – 1 cup flour depending on how watery the potatoes are
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- Grate potatoes and onion into a bowl.
- Add milk, then stir in flour, salt, and eggs. Beat and mix well.
- In a large, heavy pan heat oil until hot
- Drop potato batter (1/4 cup per pancake) into skillet and fry until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with apple sauce