I got this recipe from one of a popular restaurant in Kerala, India
- 1 Kg boneless chicken cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce,
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 8 green chilies
- 4 medium onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ajinamoto (Monosodium Glutamate)
- Clean the chicken pieces and drain the water
- Make a sauce with 1 tablespoon Soya sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1/2 table spoon chili sauce and salt
- Marinate the chicken in the above sauce for 1 hour
- Beat the eggs and pour them on the marinated chicken
- Add half a tablespoon corn flour and mix with the chicken until all pieces are well coated
- Leave the marinated chicken to stand for another 2 hours.
- Drain out excess liquid and keep separately.
- Fry the chicken pieces in a wok by adding oil
- Take out the fried chicken and keep aside.
- In the left over oil in the wok, fry the green chilies and chopped onion slightly.
- Pour the drained liquid
- Stir continuously.
- Add the chicken pieces now to the wok
- Pour the rest of the sauces and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the 1/2 tablespoon corn flour with a little of water and pour in the pan.
- Add the ajinamoto.
- Stir well and serve hot.
VN:F [1.9.16_1159]Chilli Chicken,